Board Member for Fundraising
The Potocki-Lupski Syndrome Outreach Foundation is a nascent and growing non-profit foundation. Our mission is to increase public awareness, understanding and acceptance of Potocki-Lupski Syndrome (PTLS or Dup. 17p11.2) by providing information to families and caregivers of persons with PTLS, sponsoring research, and fostering partnerships with health care, education and other service professionals. We are seeking a new member to serve on the Board of Directors, who will lead efforts to raise funds to support our mission.
This is a volunteer position that will focus principally on developing and executing a fundraising strategy to promote individual and corporate giving, as well as pursuing grant funds. The fundraising strategy may include an annual fundraising campaign, support for fundraising activities by PTLS community members, crowd funding, planned giving, and endowments. Growing the number of donors and donations is a key goal of the Board of Directors.
Skills and Experience
The Board of Directors is looking for help from someone in the PTLS community who has experience in fundraising – preferably in the field of medical research and/or the healthcare industry. We need a real go-getter, someone who is able to work independently or with a team and who can see projects through to completion. Given the diversity of the PTLS community, this person also should be able to work with a broad range of volunteers. This person should be able to manage multiple projects and maintain accurate and detailed records. Excellent written, oral (public speaking and presentation) and connectivity skills are critical.
- Establish and deploy a comprehensive and diverse fundraising strategy to be implemented by the Board of Directors and interested members of the PTLS community.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit donors, including individuals and corporations. Grow the number of donors contributing multi-year gifts and annual gifts.
- Help set overall revenue and donor growth and retention goals. Report to the Board of Directors on any donor metrics and activities.
- Develop and maintain donor stewardship programs, including, for example, donor recognition initiatives.
- Work with members of the Board of Directors to make strategic decisions about how best to utilize the PTLS Foundation’s resources to support fundraising activities and fulfill our mission.
- Employ various dissemination and communication tools (print, on-line, interpersonal) and enlist support and expertise from other members of the Board of Directors.